Wednesday, July 13, 2011

USA Africa Dialogue Series - Update on the hacking of my yahoo account

So as everyone now knows, yesterday, my account was hacked by someone who hijacked the account and routed the emails to xokiigbo@yahoo.com,  a fake impersonation of my account.  Everyone on my contact list was contacted by this crook and asked to send money to me in Spain. Many thanks to all those who contacted me to express concern and offer help track down these characters.  Some of my friends played along and they were provided the following contact information in Spain.  Two names have featured in this sordid drama; (1) Victor Joseph Aideyan and (2) Mr. Joe Kelvin. Mr. Aideyan urged my friends to do wire transfers into his bank account in Spain. And folks were asked to wire money via Western Union to Mr. Kelvin.
 
Victor Joseph Aideyan's account details:
Account holder:  VICTOR JOSEPH AIDEYAN
Account #: 01829076340201540172I
BAN Number: ES9501829076340201540172
Swift code : BBVAESMM  01829076340201540172
Bank  address:  c/ POLVORANCA S/N C/V ZARZA,30ALCORCON, 28921 MADRID SPAIN
 
Name: Mr Joe Kelvin
Hotel Manager Number: 34952600001
Address: Plaza de la Catedralb 23
Almeria, 04002
Spain
 
I have contacted Yahoo, Western Union, etc. If anyone on Facebook lives in Europe, I would appreciate it if they would send this this posting to the bank in question or even call them to stop these fools. Yahoo has put my email address on some sort of moderated status, so I am not able to use it fully.  The individuals deleted about a year's worth of my writing; that really really hurts. I hope that Yahoo can restore the emails, otherwise... well too bad. I am not fully back up in terms of my email account because Yahoo has put it on some sort of moderated status until they finish their investigation.
 
Please read the email thread (between this individual and one of my friends) from the bottom up.
 
- Ikhide
======================================================================
Have been exchanging emails with your impersonator - now have a "name" and phone number- see conversation below
Thanks for your concern. Here is the Name and the Hotel manager Number
Name: Mr Joe Kelvin
Hotel Manager Number: 34952600001
Please also let me know as soon as you get the money sent to the Hotel manager so i can inform him.
Thanks.
--- On Tue, 7/12/11, xxxxx wrote:
From:
Subject: Re: Emergency Please
To: "Ikhide Ikhide" <xokiigbo></xokiigbo>
Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 5:15 AM
Ok I will try and send something -can you please send the name and tel number for the hotel manager so I can confirm once payment is through?
On 12 Jul 2011, at 12:42, Ikhide Ikhide <xokiigbo> wrote:</xokiigbo>
Thanks for your email. i am glad you are willing to help me,Please which ever way you can assist me with, I promise to refund the money back to you as soon as i get back home, I have made inquiry on how you can send me the money and I was told that Western Union Money Transfer is the easiest and fastest way to transfer money.Please i want you to send me the money through the hotel manager name because i misplaced my passport as well... Here is the information you should send the money to
Name:
Address: Plaza de la Catedralb 23
Almeria, 04002
Spain
Please Write me immediately, so i know when the money has been wired, send me the western union MTCN 10 Digits Number,So i can be able to pick up the money here.
Thank you.
--- On Tue, 7/12/11, xxxxx wrote:
From: xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Emergency Please
To: "xokiigbo@yahoo.com" <xokiigbo></xokiigbo>
Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 4:24 AM
Sorry o, how can I help?
On 12 Jul 2011, at 11:24, Ikhide <xokigbo> wrote:</xokigbo>
Hope you get this on time,sorry I didn't inform you about my trip to Spain for a Program, I'm presently in Spain, I am having some difficulties here because i misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money and other valuable things were kept. presently i have limited access to internet,I will like you to assist me with a loan of ( 2,500 Euro = 3,500 USD ) to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back home.
I have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively,I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with,I'll Refund the money back to you as soon as i return,let me know if you can be of any help.I don't have a phone where i can be reached.
Please let me know immediately.
Regards.
 
Thread #2:
 
From: Ikhide Ikhide [mailto:xokiigbo@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:44 AM
To:
Subject: Re: Emergency Please
 
 
Thanks for your mail, I am happy to hear from you....I should have called you but  I don't have a cell Phone Here...I promise to refund the money back to you....Please let me know as soon as you get the money transfered...
 
Thanks.
 
 
 
 
--- On Tue, 7/12/11, wrote:
From:
Subject: Re: Emergency Please
To: "Ikhide Ikhide" <xokiigbo></xokiigbo>
Cc:
Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 10:15 PM
Ikhide,
It will be done as soon as the banks open this morning. I
could not sleep much because I had you on my mind. However,
because of the source from wich I am getting the money, and
to eliminate exchange losses, you will be refunding to me
USD $4,000 even though I will transfer USD $3,500. Please
confirm if this is acceptable to you.
Meanwhile, please call me on 0098033098416 to confirm this
tranfer. Otherwise, I shall go ahead to effect transfer if
I don't get your call by 11.00AM Nigerian time which I
suppose will be 10.00AM in Madrid, Spain. But I expect your
mail accepting the exchange difference before I can proceed
to effect the transfer.
Just relax and enjoy your day. All will be well.
 
 
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:39:36 -0700 (PDT)
Ikhide Ikhide <xokiigbo> wrote:</xokiigbo>
> Thanks for your response and also for your concern
> towards my present situation,I spoke with the hotel
> manager,He promise to receive the money for me through
> his bank account as soon as you sent the  money.Here's
> the account details
> account holder:  VICTOR JOSEPH AIDEYANACCONT NUM:
> 01829076340201540172IBAN Number:
>  ES9501829076340201540172Swift code : BBVAESMM .
> 01829076340201540172Bank  address:  c/ POLVORANCA S/N C/V
> ZARZA,30ALCORCON, 28921 MADRIDSPAIN
> Please scan and forward the receipt of the transfer to me
> ,it will enable him to pick up the money from here.
> Thanks.
> --- On Tue, 7/12/11,
> wrote:
>
> From:
> Subject: Re: Emergency Please
> To: xokiigbo@yahoo.com
> Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 1:06 PM
>
> Ikhide,
> I can imagine the situation you are in at the moment. I
> can
> get some money to you but the question is how do I get it
> to you? Transfers from Nigeria can take upwards of 24
> hours
> sometimes 48 at the minimum.
> Please let me know how to proceed.
>
>
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 03:26:04 -0700 (PDT)
>  Ikhide <xokigbo> wrote:</xokigbo>
> > Hope you get this on time,sorry I didn't inform you
> about
> > my trip to Spain for a Program, I'm presently in Spain,
> I
> > am having some difficulties here because i misplaced my
> > wallet on my way to the hotel where my money and other
> > valuable things were kept. presently  i have limited
> > access to internet,I will like you to assist me with a
> > loan of  ( 2,500 Euro = 3,500 USD )  to sort-out my
> hotel
> > bills and to get myself back home. I have spoken to the
> > embassy here but they are not responding to the matter
> > effectively,I will appreciate whatever you can afford
> to
> > assist me with,I'll Refund the money back to you as
> soon
> > as i return,let me know if you can be of any help.I
> don't
> > have a phone where i can be reached.
> > Please let me know immediately.Regards.
>

1 comment:

  1. Hey :)
    I had the same thing happend. We have reported it to the police and it is being investigated.

    ReplyDelete

 
Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Car Blog Animals Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario arrozinhoii sonasol halfbakedtaters make-it-plain amatha