I should just like to repeat what I have said here that when it comes to tribalism/ tribe as a determining factor in Pan-African politics I am neutral, which does not mean to say that I am not overjoyed to find my long lost friend Oluwole Obaro again, thirty years later ( he contacted me through facebook yesterday). Yes, I could vote for a representative of any tribe - any tribe whatsoever. I am familiar with the causes, chronology and main events of the Second World War. I´ve talked to quite a few Holocaust survivors, a few veterans of the Korea War, of course the Vietnam War, the so called Mau-Mau, Lumumba and the Congo crisis the Six Day War, the Biafra War, the Yom Kippur war, the War which Saddam Hussein imposed on Iran..
The Nigerian presidential elections are only for months away and the urgency in settling what Anthony Akinola has pointed out – so as to leave any of the kind of doubts that could be a bone of contention before or after the elections ought not to be underemphasized! Ascertaining President Goodluck Jonathan´s eligibility by what in any case is the final arbiter of such an issue, namely the Nigerian Judiciary can only increase the integrity of that institution.
That is all I wanted to say.
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
To subscribe to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue+subscribe@googlegroups.com
Current archives at http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
Early archives at http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to usaafricadialogue+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
No comments:
Post a Comment