Friday, October 28, 2016

USA Africa Dialogue Series - Re: STAR INTERVIEW: NBA leaders know all corrupt judges, lawyers in Nigeria –Falana

I read the thread about corrupt Judges in NIgeria, and frankly, I was heartbroken. Honestly, not all Judges in Nigeria are corrupt. There are still many decent and incorruptible Judges within the country.

My father, the Late Hon. Justice S.A. Tofowomo was incorruptible during his tenure within the CJ System in Nigeria. He was stationed in Akure, Ogbomosho, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Lagos, and other areas. I travelled with him on many occasions through the Old Western Region of Nigeria. 

During my visit to Nigeria in 1997 (my last face-to-face contact with my father before his death), he complained about his paltry retirement, and that my older sibling, Nicholas helped him financially. Personally, It's very disheartening to read about these corrupt Judges frolicking with millions of Naira/Dollars/Pound Sterling/Euro in Nigeria. There is no excuse for the judiciary in Nigeria to be blatantly corrupt.  

My father was an incorruptible Judge and he served his country faithfully and loyally. I'm still proud of him ('Luji Oijefon, ye je aho erin- oriki Baba mi). 

Trust me, there are still decent and incorruptible Judges in Nigeria. And I truly believe that the best is yet to come for Nigeria. 


Images: Picture of my dad & his old business card that I kept since 1997. 






Funmi Tofowomo Okelola

-In the absence of greatness, mediocrity thrives. 

http://www.cafeafricana.com

On Twitter: @Bookwormlit
Instagram: Aramada_Obirin

Culture, Art History, Film/Cinema, Photography, World Literature, Criminal Justice, Sociology, Child Welfare, Lifestyle & Community. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Car Blog Animals Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario arrozinhoii sonasol halfbakedtaters make-it-plain amatha