Thursday, February 16, 2012

USA Africa Dialogue Series - Celebrities and charity for Africa: Who is really profiting?

"There are some good ones out there doing commendable work, but there are also many that really ought to be called businesses if one compares the amount disbursed to the amount that is eaten up by expenses and salaries.


A lot of money is being made "for us", but it's not always easy to see what this money is being spent on. Perhaps I don't see these "good works" because I don't live in a rural area. I don't think that's the case though. It's only when I am outside Africa that I'm really aware of all the projects and campaigns running on behalf of the continent. Something doesn't seem right about that.  

That we sometimes see no evidence of the benefits of a campaign in Africa is partly to do with transparency. Everyone - donors, recipients, armchair critics, and the media ought to be able to see how much of the donations are going towards administration costs and staff luxuries."

Enjoy!

- Melinda Ozongwu

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Car Blog Animals Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario arrozinhoii sonasol halfbakedtaters make-it-plain amatha