Sunday, February 19, 2012

USA Africa Dialogue Series - Re: Call For Assistance On Religious Tolerance In Mwalimu Falola's Work

"A Mouth Sweeter than Salt." is marvellous autobiography, especially
laced with more than just the proverbial wisdom and situated in a
culture which I would like to lay claim to. It's to be taken on a
serious literary level, in my opinion on par with if not even much
more interesting than Soyinka's "Ake" for example and I say this as a
once upon a time avid reader of dozens of autobiographies that I read
as a teenager onwards, starting with Richard Church's "Over the
Bridge", "The Golden Sovereign" - and later on stuff like Michael
Heseltine's autobiography "Life in the Jungle", Brother Obama's
"Dreams from My Father"( of course) - and lastly "A mouth Sweeter
than salt"

I should like to do a parallel independent, essay on the same topic,
destined for another type of literary magazine, see what we come up
with - perhaps some spectacular differences as I'm now entering my
16th year of studying the Hebrew Faith.Today, 19th February it's
Gidon with Rabbi David Lazar in his series " In those days there was
no King of Israel" based on the Book of Judges.

All the above should provide a radical departure for my own
fictionalised autobiography which is in process. I wish that I would
be young enough to star in the movie.....

On Feb 19, 4:58 am, "Abdul Bangura" <th...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Call for Assistance on Religious Tolerance in Mwalimu Falola's Work
>
> Preliminary Title of the Essay:  "Religious Tolerance in Mwalimu Toyin Falola's Work: Intercultural Philosophical Similitude in the Classic Allegory of The Parable of the Three Rings"
>
> Good Greetings USA-Africa Dialogue Family Members:
>
> I pray that your semester is going very well. First of all, I extend my sincere gratitude to the many wonderful USA-Africa Dialogue Family Yoruba linguists who assisted me with my work on the Pluridisciplinary, Fractal and Linguistic Presupposition analysis of Mwalimu Toyin Falola's autobiography, A Mouth Sweeter than Salt.  Your contributions made it a better essay.
>
> I am now working on another essay with the preliminary title of "Religious Tolerance in Mwalimu Toyin Falola's Work: Intercultural Philosophical Similitude in the Classic Allegory of The Parable of the Three Rings." As a Muslim who attended a Roman Catholic school and served mass as an Altar Boy during my youth and studied Judaism under revered Rabbis in Italy, and read the revelations religiously, I am quite comfortable with their tenets. I am, however, not too schooled in Yoruba religion. I shall therefore be very grateful to any USA-Africa Dialogue Family Member who can help me answer a few questions on Mwalimu Falola's treatment of Yoruba religion in his work to send me a private E-mail to th...@earthlink.net.
>
> Thanks a heap in advance for all your good help.
>
> In Peace Always,
> Abdul Karim Bangura/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "USA-Africa Dialogue Series" moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin.
For current archives, visit http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
For previous archives, visit http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue-
unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Car Blog Animals Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario arrozinhoii sonasol halfbakedtaters make-it-plain amatha