Sent from my iPhone
Begin forwarded message:
From: Segun <Seguno2001@yahoo.com>
Date: July 11, 2012 11:06:43 PM GMT+01:00
To: "usaafricadialogue@googlegroups.com" <usaafricadialogue@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: USA Africa Dialogue Series - Romney to NAACP: Economy is 'worse for African-Americans in almost every way'
Can Mr. Mitt Romney be trusted? When a man is in desperate need for something like Mr. Romney, he can make promises that he knows down deep in his heart he will not fulfill.Mr. Romney who said that his concern is not that of the poor but the middle-class: How can he now turn around to say he will improve the quality of life of the Blacks and all Americans?I believe Obama is still the better option than Mr. Romney who has the natural disposition to say "I mis-spoke" after telling the whole world what was in his mind. And what was and I believe still is, in his mind is to make life better for the middle-class. How many African-Americans fall into the bracket of the middle-class in the US?In my own assessment of Mr. Romney all he wants is to send Obama out of the White House. He cannot improve the economy of the US. After all it was the Republican President that made the US to be in economic bad shape. For eight years President W. Bush systematically wasted all the buoyant economy of the US which was left behind by President Clinton, a democrat.President Obama has done a lot within four years to fix the economic mess of Bush. We should work together for Obama to make sure he defeats Romney in the next election.Prof. Segun Ogungbemi.
Sent from my iPhone--"Mitt Romney offered a direct appeal to African-American voters on Wednesday, arguing in a speech at the NAACP's annual meeting that the black community has been hardest hit by the bad economy and that if elected, he'll seek to improve the quality of life for all Americans, regardless of color.
"I believe that if you understood who I truly am in my heart, and if it were possible to fully communicate what I believe is in the real, enduring best interest of African-American families, you would vote for me for president," Romney said."Professor Bangura appears busily engaged elsewhere, so I thought I should step into his oversize shoes and continue to rile us over here. I love that man.- IkhideFollow me on Twitter: @ikhide
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "USA-Africa Dialogue Series" moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin.
For current archives, visit http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
For previous archives, visit http://wwwutexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue-
unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
No comments:
Post a Comment