Thursday, January 17, 2013

USA Africa Dialogue Series - VIDEO: The Deplorable State Of The Police College Dormitory Options



Thanks for the video. Is it possible to be optimistic about my beloved country, Nigeria? No. Anyhow, two weeks ago on my way to work, I silently wept for Nigeria. Why? As I was driving my Mini Cooper on Highway 210 west towards Los Angeles, I observed many Americans (African Americans, Africans, Whites, Native Americans, Asian, the poor, the rich, the marginal, etc., all driving on the highway, and most importantly coexisting {compared to Nigeria with the menace of Boko Haram and the government aloofness in tackling the situation}. While driving and observing my environment, my mind drifted to the city of Ibadan in Nigeria when my father was stationed there in 1973 and the city of Ibadan in year 2012. There is no one who is going to convince me that the situation in Nigeria is fine and dandy, unless that person is in fantasy land, or experiencing delusional thoughts. 

By the way, I was in Nigeria for two weeks in November 2012 with my 27 year old daughter and the trip was very challenging. At one point during the trip, it was so disheartening my when daughter stated "Mom let's go back home". I calmly told my daughter that Nigeria is home and that we should not give up on the country.  As a mother, I was totally frustrated with the country and my daughter witnessed my frustration. 

Please don't tell me that Nigerians should ignore the haphazard lifestyle of our leaders and politicians. Cognitively there is a malaise affecting these so-called leaders. I witnessed corruption and bad governance everywhere in Ondo, Ibadan, Lagos, Akure, Ile Oluji, Abeokuta, Idanre etc, etc.

If you love Nigeria, your focus should be on how to reclaim Nigeria (sorry Mr. Chido Onumah) from these morons in power. It is obvious that poor Nigerians are suffering. It is time for reality check. 

(I dread commenting on this listserv)

Funmi Tofowomo 
--The art of living and impermanence. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Car Blog Animals Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario arrozinhoii sonasol halfbakedtaters make-it-plain amatha