Congratulations once again, Prof. Falola! Well deserved Award!
Bridget Teboh
UMassD
Dr. Bridget A. Teboh
Associate Professor
History Department
Co-Editor: Berghahn Books, Ltd., Oxford, UK. Cameroon Studies Series
Women's and Gender Studies-Affiliate
Black Studies-Affiliate
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth
MA 02747 USA.
Tel: 1-508-999-8172
Fax: 1-508-999-8809
Email: bteboh@umassd.edu
From: 'Michael Afolayan' via USA Africa Dialogue Series <usaafricadialogue@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 11:34 AM
To: usaafricadialogue@googlegroups.com; yorubaaffairs@googlegroups.com; yorubanation@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: USA Africa Dialogue Series - TF is 2019 Texas Ten
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 11:34 AM
To: usaafricadialogue@googlegroups.com; yorubaaffairs@googlegroups.com; yorubanation@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: USA Africa Dialogue Series - TF is 2019 Texas Ten
"What more can I say in praise of Professor Falola's teaching? In order to convey more of what I think you should know about this man, I am even tempted to praise myself. Would you believe that if I myself am a good teacher, it is partly because of Falola as inspiration? Well, you will accuse me of violating the protocols of a reference letter and producing instead a hagiography, so I will stop. Let me just say that I will sympathize with the committee members if they find themselves feeling overwhelmed." (VB)
Those outstanding words of Vik, a courageous fellow in all ramifications, continue to pass the test of time. I wonder what courage one has to write a letter of reference for the wonder man, TF!
MOA
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
To subscribe to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue+subscribe@googlegroups.com
Current archives at http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
Early archives at http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to usaafricadialogue+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/usaafricadialogue/920991801.2178185.1557426860054%40mail.yahoo.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
No comments:
Post a Comment